July 23, 2020
Dear Jackson Academy Parent, Faculty & Guest,
We are continuously honored to be your food service partner at Jackson Academy. As you begin to cautiously send your children back to school during these unprecedented times, we are reaching out to let you know what Lexington Independents is doing to protect the health & safety of our students, staff, guests, & team members.
As a member of the Jackson Academy team, we trust that you already know that safety and sanitation have always been a hallmark of our service; however, in the wake of this global pandemic, we recognize that it has never been more critical for us to rise to the occasion and challenge ourselves to meet the uncertainty and evolving demands of this “new normal.”
As a result, we identified areas in which we could enhance our existing practices and protocols and found opportunities for new and innovative programs in response to the significant challenges within this new dining service landscape.
Leveraging both regulatory agency recommendations and our team’s input, we’ve created the Lexington “Our New Normal” Playbook. This comprehensive guide takes a phased approach to the various operational areas of focus within the Jackson Academy dining commons. Here are some highlights from our program:
- Providing comprehensive COVID-19 training videos and materials
- Providing full meal solutions at one service point to eliminate need to spend more time in Cafe.
- Increase variety & number of grab & go options.
- Eliminate self-service stations.
- Minimize touch point areas.
- Wrapped cutlery & condiments provided at the service point.
- Practicing heightened hygiene & sanitizing procedures.
- Observing social distancing.
- Wearing proper personal protective equipment.
- Implementing a personal health monitoring plan.
- Designated safe minded service modifications.
- Enhanced food & supply chain safety practices.
Our main goal is to ensure your children’s health & safety while delivering a rewarding culinary experience. As we move forward, please know that our entire team at Lexington Independents is available to you. Thank you for your continued business, and most importantly, for your continued partnership.
Food Service Director, Lexington Independents